We now have a parser that runs about as fast as Tim can manage... parses 86500 lines, which was over half a million tokens, in just under a second... It spits out the mesh and normals that we need, and handles string enclosed in "'s... which is how the texture is stored...
I put some quick display list tests in the OpenGLRenderer, and got it right first time... Am now planning on how to implement this for all objects in the game... We plan on reusing a lot of models, and also want to put different textures on different enemies with the same mesh, so that is pulled out and kept separate from the display lists...
I set up some simple controls for the movement of the player character... We have a cube that is read form ASE, draw with a display list, and moved with the arrow keys... I also set the camera to scrolling, and the cube to match...
We did a bunch of physics tests as well... I created a second physics world without gravity... I put the cube in this world, and switched it to the gravity world with the space bar... It started off floating, then fell to the ground plane... So simple... I also discovered that we can set gravity per object, so we can use this to shoot down planes... When the HP reaches 0, switch on gravity, watch it crash and burn...
We have moved slightly into game implementations, rather than engine implementations, but thats fine with us for the moment...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment